Re: [Harp-L] Gear Creep

I carry everything in a bicycle messenger's bag, with a shoulder strap. There's a local shope that makes them.

Bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: "Elizabeth Hess" <TrackHarpL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "The Iceman" <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Gear Creep

Yes, that was my first thought at the time. My larger question is one of efficient and compact transport. Maybe an even larger harp case with room for extra stuff. Maybe trim the set of harps I carry around (I really do think I could leave the Paddy Richters at home most of the time, for example), and get a different and/or custom-cut foam insert for the hard case I have, so as to accommodate fewer harps and more stuff. Or maybe a larger case that would hold the harp case inside it AND ancillary items. Or a third general-purpose container such as a knapsack.

When you (any of you) gig, how many separate items do you carry with you into the club, not counting the contents of your pockets? What trade-offs do you make between things you must have, things you like to have, and things you *might* want or need, but usually do not? E.g. extra batteries for battery-powered items.

I can see this escalating to the point where I have a steamer trunk and a dolly, and I shudder.