[Harp-L] Re: what big harmonica is this?

Stevo,

Re:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluespreachers

Looks like a 48 Chord Compact - I don't recognise the cover plates and can't pick the brand.  I don't think its a Hohner but it looks like a wooden comb.  The 48 Chord compacts have two decks with two layers of 12 chords on each deck.  The decks are hinged so you can get your nose in the middle when playing the bottom deck.

The harp player is Doug Lyons aka Captain Blue Tongue.  Blues Preachers is Sydney based but they occassionally get to Canberra.  The ensemble I play in has hosted Doug for a couple of workshops when he's here.  Here does a lot of harmonica instruction.

Maka