From: sheltraw <sheltraw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Feb 4, 2011 9:22 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music

Hi Iceman

I'm still not sure what it is that you want to teach about harmony. Do
you want to teach a particular "theory" connected with harmony? If so
then what theory? Can you state it? If it is theory then it should have
predictive value. Do you want to teach an awareness of the different
sounds of intervals that constitute a particular? This would be an
example of what I referred to as taxonomy. Or do you want to teach
something altogether different from these two examples?

You may have noticed that I am not happy with what passes as theory in
music education world. In my world there is a clear difference between
theory and taxonomy.

Cheers,
Daniel