Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music

am curious. how may this be accomplished?

One need not read music to understand music theory.

-----Original Message-----
From: sheltraw <sheltraw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: List Harp <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 8:34 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music

Hi Bob

Please correct me if I am wrong but it appears to me that you are
conflating reading music notation and music theory. They are two
different things. One need not read music to understand music theory.

I am not asserting that the ability to read music isn't useful. It is.
I am asserting that it is often emphasized to an extent which is
disproportionate to its usefulness.

Cheers,
Daniel