Re: [Harp-L] SPAH Member and prsenting SPAH seminars online
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH Member and prsenting SPAH seminars online
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 09:10:04 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1324141804; bh=8chj/1yhwP4m7oB34XDgt6m0ZQL/cYdQmKJwrrOymxs=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=b0PWWsaT0eMiES6SEwX+1H5glUDFMuZlt/3Mgnn/ogC2kdToIcwGWa+xkXThuo22b4uDSQG/9BRTPA4tkge9pJVtDeM+XQFJibgCb/3/jRFw3I2FvM+v5V88lRiXcX8hMLtUtDyRLDE9IyTMXoSl+uwFTaLtIOQIoj8BD9lHLbA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=kWH53U0oMwLmn0XWM1kS3A39+Cslu51D5Nb5LoZfg4kV86sl0at6fT3qk7i+tgDhJXBUCdlajMQj2Xf+LdxbB4x20PxNGWcHlkEZ3iHTsrZqO8Df3ciSrwq+3sKnQ5FZwrMSDcq6P0G50uK79l+SRKnTJIQh6KNtzd5M14kM0z8=;
- In-reply-to: <1324139447.98629.YahooMailClassic@web88607.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
- References: <201112171411.pBHEBYId027242@harp-l.com> <1324139447.98629.YahooMailClassic@web88607.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
The value in paying to attend the SPAH convention goes far beyond the seminars. The performances, the direct access to manufacturers, customizers and crafters and professional players,and just getting to hang with so many great folks who share the love are a big part of that value.
So I wouldn't begrudge sharing online a portion of what went on at SPAH. It could be a nice way to add value for those who can't afford to attend SPAH.
That said, actually doing that means:
1) We would need the permission of presenters to share their presentation. Not all will agree, and others might demand compensation that we can't afford. Still others may be perfectly happy to share their message.
2) We would need both the people and the financial resources to coordinate and perform the work of recording the seminars, and then editing and uploading them to the web.
Every great idea has its price in time and money. Which ones will give us the most bang for our buck and elbow grease?
Keep the good ideas coming, folks.
SPAH presidential candidate
Author, Harmonica For Dummies ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
From: MANFRED WEWERS <mwewers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:30 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH Member
I've been a SPAH member for many years. I have also been fortunate enough to be able to attend a number of conventions. I pay many hundreds of dollars to attend those seminars and hear those entertainers (I'm in Canada and usually I get less of your money for mine). If I hear correctly others should get the same stuff (just not live) that I paid big bucks for, for the cost of membership? That doesn't quite seem fair to me. Hey, I don't mind sharing and helping the harmonica community but how far does one go? Just wondering?
Manfred Wewers from Toronto the Good
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and