Re: [Harp-L] Super Champ XD and Vibro Champ XD blowouts
- To: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Super Champ XD and Vibro Champ XD blowouts
- From: Larry Sandy <slyou65@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 07:00:29 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1324134030; bh=beuAYj2N2WcDKNMCyCU5st9E9V9QvRQUk6OKN7DOgn4=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=ra2gv3tlTDaM84QpsuZymyRf6fW9HfY1RmXm2RcgrtBTJCxfdfLASQtTATFZke/Azs1in2fEeQAO0QgeJ0sAYOrK8Z8qJ/hmTz1ZQpOMk9ZhBHW1wOm/1zsK3NjeATf97hHBnQ4fFUIgBL9kyxtvTs6NNWfjBRCWHp8E4IYycUQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=SxxaE2v2R8ecOXw7b7bHpkqzAggUC8Xu+5vd2Ws2ORtPIj32DrzyGvOxBz/I6laUGbCtOzQ0Gc2Ij3s6zWmHRN/jKsd/iCJ0SdVw2c7XkjFYEmUDNtIRaT3z8jLtA4gXlM2Zf37a++KPNSce1sJUR/CZ5bOCC/qxKvl/sXYX6oE=;
- In-reply-to: <29946379.1324042458862.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <29946379.1324042458862.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Larry Sandy <slyou65@xxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for the tip Richard. I just ordered a Vibro Champ XD from http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Fender . Their FULL COST is now just $149.99 .
In 1967 I traded for a like-new Vibro Champ and with only one minor connection problem and one set of tubes/cap changes it is still going strong, dependable, and sounds as good as when I got it. Now I'll have one to take to open mics and parties without concern of damaging it. BTW, the Digitec RP355, Audix Fireball V and your patches sound great on my bigger clean amps.
Breathing Music daily
From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; harptalk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 8:34 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Super Champ XD and Vibro Champ XD blowouts
I just discovered that online musical instrument retailers Music123.com and Musiciansfriend.com are blowing out Fender Super Champ XD and Vibro Champ XD amps for $200, shipping included.
These are 15 watt 10" speaker amps that include both traditional tube amplifier sections (two 6V6 and one 12AX7 tubes) with "modeled" preamp voicings. I know some harp players love these amps, and guitar players love them even more. These amps were selling for well over $300 a few months ago, and at $200 they're a damn good deal.
I'm not planning to replace my Digitech RPs with one of these, but if you want an amp that combines traditional tube technology with modeling that increases the flexibility of the amp significantly, this is well worth a look. It's a lot of power and sound for the money.
Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://hunterharp.com
Vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and