[Harp-L] Amplifier advice sought.
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Harp-L] Amplifier advice sought.
- From: Sean Stephens <seanyw.stephens1968@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:48:01 +0000 (GMT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1322772481; bh=g0lfxCp5KZFfpXywWzg/AbdQHt2WxxdOrzpAMQ7rW7c=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=VbtEMTKD+GXKY5zB9L/CLAcn4M1ZaqhLWn9PPX31XW6aiLJUB0UTWJPrrvWN/ruDMJxMOGbwzpZWi3jBXCLWMw3NGt+Oq2zd4X8xBY2ZfuHOFMwD26InYQ0QTvp4vW16dO90F5UTdZ51SQZhD1Ip4r9V0cOqbP4pjoGeESqtMs0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AAzoEZS95w6YVCSsrzqSXrHVYW8J5G1/wcTDy5f3QeZOB6bijEmBT96fLQkEuZS5imTCttxApeYsCt5Xy8Nmale66w0BY4aHNIV3VRXNS9JuiU02wAUkOUBrMp47h5Yae9Mwypw9Bf1BACdAGET6+3/ERU2Z8MyhYdxu8rg7gyo=;
Good evening folks,
Could one or two of you please advice me whether or not the Roland cube amp is reasonable for harp amping.
It is a 30 w amp my friend in work has offered me for £100 ,good working order apparently but have not actually tried it out.
I have a bullet mic which I intend to connect to it to give it a test drive but as I understand it,transister/solid state amps are not really geared for a blues harp sound,I think this is just that,though please correct me if I'm mistaken.
He tells me there is a "Tweed" setting on it,has this any relation to a valve sound??
Appreciate any advice ,
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and