From: Richard Williger [mailto:rlwilliger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:23 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] French Music Stores

I just returned from a great trip to Paris, France.  While there, I made it
my business to locate and look at any local music store I found.  After
asking around, and checking the internet, how many music stores (dedicated
to musical instruments, not to sheet music and/or recordings) did I find?
Zero.  Was I just not looking in the right places?  I asked at local stores,
and nobody knew anything. I also was surprised to find a significant dearth
of street musicians  in Monmartre, and in Le Metro.
What happened to the Paris I used to know?