[Harp-L] French Music Stores

I just returned from a great trip to Paris, France.  While there, I made it my business to locate and look at any local music store I found.  After asking around, and checking the internet, how many music stores (dedicated to musical instruments, not to sheet music and/or recordings) did I find?  Zero.  Was I just not looking in the right places?  I asked at local stores, and nobody knew anything.
I also was surprised to find a significant dearth of street musicians  in Monmartre, and in Le Metro.
What happened to the Paris I used to know?