[Harp-L] SPAH 2011 award winners
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harptalk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bluegrassharp <bluegrassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH 2011 award winners
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1313452802; bh=T/uRjBCYYlvgIOd9PuDI3mndT2KPJUJyOoK5mii3P+Y=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=vghiEY5LPOrCS6o95+8xFMDUITRfldd48xZF76TUXST2elO16MJlAhw9NsyuGt1749/RzVC7U45jy8IcSOk8KPHFm8pDI+534BWgXrXM8G63TT6kn64GhxpxbZRigL8pFq14uZ+Atn0twsMyY2ajkTsNaliC9YHYUi19RU4ZbH8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=tg+J/JLRse08SRFdzl2WrSgqWLL6wmFJJN3JEE6fVZ5wX2SFvwKqqZHRMb5mpjQchVOMoDEWhHnviGBxQExDEp3d6B5lA9uKkks5LDpEJmvM03wKsSvk/Omb46jcI3w553Etm4W1BafUcbYS/mbVSUab1vXFGVVb7SpgCWVDmSg=;
- Reply-to: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Four SPAH awards were presented at SPAH 2011.
Three annual awards were given. These were the result of nominations by SPAH members, followed by debate and final decisions by the full board of directors:
-- The Bernie Bray Harmonica Player of the Year Award, won by Brendan Power.
-- The Pete Pedersen Lifetime Achievement Award, won by Al Smith.
-- The SPAH Award of Special Merit, won by Michael Polesky
An additional award, given on a discretional basis by the President, was given to longtime SPAH Sergeant at Arms Paul Metris in recognition of his 45 years of service to SPAH and his fundraising activities on behalf of SPAH
To find out more about the SPAH awards, criteria, history, and procedures, visit http://spah.org/images/stories/convention2011/SPAH%20Award%20packet%202011-02.pdf
SPAH Awards Committee
SPAH Entertainment Committee
Author, Harmonica For Dummies ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and