Re: [Harp-L] Re: Buckeye Cancelled

> >>Bottom line is harmonica is often synonymous with blues...blues is
> often generalized as a culture that idealizes the past to the point of
> ignoring the present and future. <<

that's funny, and it is seen all the time - honestly, rather than hearing
folks playing Juke and singing (usually badly) old Chicago blues standards -
I'd rather hear the blues the artist is feeling, telling your own story,
your own emotion - the blues and blues harp playing is not a museum, it is a
living, breathing reality. and the blues is not all one flavor - not all a
depressing downer, there are happy blues, ironic blues, frustrated blues,
work-related blues, my woman's so fine blues, I am the best lover in town
blues, you bug me blues, recession blues - yep - although most of us,
including me, like to do the old blues chestnuts, I would rather hear the
blues of the present and the future from players today for the most part and
listen to the old guys for the classics. what are you feeling, man - tell me
a story and make me feel it too. make that harp talk, laugh, cry and moan -
make it real, not a copy, that's what I'm talkin' about. there are lots of
cats (and ladies) today who do just that, too many to name - bless them all.