Re: [Harp-L] I want to talk about Bob Herndon

Hi All,
----- Original Message ----- From: "michael rubin" <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Bob Herndon is the undisputed king of the Harmonetta and showed up at
SPAH.  I recently bought a harmonetta.  He gave me 3 free hours worth
of lessons.  He took my harmonetta home with him and improved the
action and returned it to me within two weeks and included a 1953
recording of his band the Harmonikings. All free.  I am forever in his
debt and intend to learn many songs on the harmonetta in his honor.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

I have to concur that Bob Herndon is not just the king of harmonetta, but a prince of a person! This was Bob's first SPAH in several years and I admit I didn't take enough advantage of it. Bob can take any tune and turn it in to a harmonic masterpiece with his incredible use of harmonic motion that always leaves me dazed and, sometimes kind of scared . . . :-0. Anyone who hasn't heard him play is missing something.

Michael