RE: [Harp-L] Blues Backing Tracks for a Female Vocalist (Wannabe)?

> The global problem is identifying suitable blues songs for my range,
> skill level (and the skill level of the band I jam with on Tuesday
> nights), with female-centric or androgynous lyrics, learning to sing
> them without benefit of a band to practice with, and be able to
> communicate enough about the song and its structure to the band when I
> want to *sing* this song at my local jam.
>
> I would love to hear what has worked for others of you when you were
> learning to add vocals to your harp performances.
>
> Many thanks.
> Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")

My solution to a similar problem was to learn to accompany my self with
mandolin (after deciding that the world didn't need yet another guitarist),
I later switched to Irish bouzouki which has a much deeper tone making
it more suitable for accompanying singing.

Being able to accompany myself made it much easier for me to practice
and to play at open mic nights.

Patrick