Re: [Harp-L] Shim Stock (mis-understanding)

Sorry - now I get it.

I haven't done any embossing etc. or anything that required shimstock as a tool so I'd be best to let someone else suggest what thickness you should get. 

I know that I saw feeler gauges for sale within the last year so I suspect you could find them at any auto parts store.

Good luck,

Doug H

----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Matthew Smart 
  To: Doug 
  Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Shim Stock (mis-understanding)

  Hey Doug,

  A feeler gauge is a good idea. Do the sell those anymore?

  Yes actually, I did mean shim stock! I got some from Richard Sleigh a few years ago. It was really thin metal strips that i could use to shape reeds and run along the side of the reed slot. The reason I asked is that I don't know what metal type of shim stock I should get or the thickness. Do you know?


This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and MHonArc 2.6.8.