Re: [Harp-L] 30 minute lessons / RIP-OFF

Thanks to everyone for the input.  Your experience, insight and willingness
to share is invaluable and greatly appreciated.

I think I may be a bit different in some regards and that is driving me
towards 30 minute lessons.

1.  I am older (over 50) and only wanting to play for me.  May or may not
ever jam.  May never play except for my own pleasure.
2.  Because of the above, time is not a factor.  I am learning a lot from
the Internet and I practice every day.  Even my 12 year old has been
complimenting me on my progress.
3.  I know how I learn best.  Show me a little, correct me when I screw up
and then leave me alone until I'm ready for more.
4.  I would *really really love* to be able to play with some CD's
eventually.  But my taste is a little different.  If I can play with CD's by
Suicide, Blackbird, Velvet Underground, Throbbing Gristle and even some
Johnny Thunders in his bluesier moments, that would be my ideal.  Doubt I'll
find musicians like that to jam with.

Teaching me would not make my instructor very much money.  They would have
to do it because they want to share their love of the instrument.  I may
never find that person.  Especially given that I'm not out to play anything
remotely traditional.  Then again someone may be intrigued by the idea of a
harmonica playing along with Throbbing Gristle and give it a go.  Or they'll
think I'm a total psycho.  We shall see.

I'll update you all if anything happens.

Again, thanks so much for all the input!!!

Shelly