From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Paparozzi
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 8:39 AM
To: Harp L Harp L
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Diatonic Sounds on a Chromatic ("I was
Banned")

I apologize for all my typos this AM, was at an airport in Copenhagen
and
did have time to proof read
I hope this one read a little better.....

PS.....I'm in Gothenburg, Sweden tonite so if your in the area come on
Liseberg, I think Harp-ler Martin Oldsberg may stop in! Tomorrow we are
off
to Budapest then Norway then home......The German/Austrian part of the
tour
went very well....I pulled out a Diatonic and played 'Mercy Mercy Mercy'
by
Joe Zawinul in Linz Austria and the crowd LOVED it as he was Austrian.

ok here is the fixpost:

Some people here are getting upset that we are talking about GROUPS and
not
Harmonicas, yes I agree Slidemeister has spelled out all of it's NEAT &
TIDY
rules and those who choose to stay there should follow them if it suits
their needs.

It is their perogative. The fact of the matter is on Harp-l we
CAN even discuss these issues because to me they ARE Harmonica related.
Yes,
this is a hot topic for me because I have worked many years with SPAH to
bring down the dividing line between Chromatic and Diatonic players in
years
past. I'm not saying SM  contributes to that but we should be aware of
that
division that SPAH has worked so hard to dissolve. After all, the
diatonic
was here long before our cousin with the button showed up in the 1920's.
got an underlying impression when I was on SM that the short harp was
inferior
. I play both but have a deep respect for the 'forefather harp" (the
Richter
Diatonic).
Show a little respect is all I'm saying,

Because I play both and have a hard time separating the two, I will stay
here and grow as a player of the 'Harmonica', w/ or w/o a button.

I for one like freedom of speech, and I don't want to have to re-think
everything I want to say or write about Harmonica....That is what I love
about Harp-l and I never ever felt my Chromatic posts were usurped or
sidetracked by Diatonic players....

If more Chromatic players showed up here we'd have more Chromatic
discussions it's that simple. I do understand that SM is a dedicated
forum....but for me I'll stick with a forum that openly and democraticly
handles all things harmonica uncensored.....I like my freedom. I also
still
believe we learn from each other on diatonic and chromatic, that is way
so
many from SM come by here.

I would like to take a moment to thank fjm for always keeping oour house
in
order here in a very discreet yet forceful and effective way.

Respectfully and Harmonically,
Rob Paparozzi