Re: [Harp-L] Modes, keys and positions (zeroth)

So the word Zeroth was invented in the same year as the Marine Band? Is this purely coincidence or might forces be at work here?

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug" <mr4chnt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Modes, keys and positions (zeroth)

"Zeroth" is a real word ( I now know ) and here is entry form an online dictionary:
Main Entry: ze·roth
Pronunciation: \'ze-(?)roth, 'zir-(?)oth\
Function: adjective
Date: 1896
: being numbered zero in a series; also : zero 1 <the zeroth power of a number>

Doug H

PS - I hope all the accents etc come thru OK.
----- Original Message ----- From: Doug