RE: [Harp-L] About singing etc.

How about Toots Thielemans.  He whistles while playing guitar.  I read
that he started whistling to assist in his learning the guitar, and
subsequently continued to do so and incorporate it into some songs.

Tom McGovern
Richmond, MI

kind of a thread steal here, but here goes ... does anybody but me
find it helpful to learn to sing the song while learning how to play it
on
an instrument?  That's the way my uncle taught me to play rhythm guitar,
sing the song in my head or hum it and then follow that "head track"
with
the proper changes.  When I started picking I did the same thing and do
the
same thing with harp.  Since I still don't read music, I still
unconsciously
do that to learn new songs.  Anybody else?

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK