[Harp-L] About singing etc.

Several of our pro harp club members are also singers.  It seems somehow
that singing and harp playing are almost a necessity in small club acts,
etc.

Also, kind of a thread steal here, but here goes ... does anybody but me
find it helpful to learn to sing the song while learning how to play it on
an instrument?  That's the way my uncle taught me to play rhythm guitar, to
sing the song in my head or hum it and then follow that "head track" with
the proper changes.  When I started picking I did the same thing and do the
same thing with harp.  Since I still don't read music, I still unconsciously
do that to learn new songs.  Anybody else?

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK