Subject: [Harp-L] Famous Harmonica player from Asian part...

Hi Patrice:

Koei Tanaka from Japan. He came to the US to play at SPAH 2009 and was
brilliant.

Plays both chromatics and diatonics. - is now representing Suzuki
harmonicas...Lots of YouTube videos :)

here's just one (his own composition) - "Facinator' played at SPAH,
'09...he opened his set with Toots Thielemans' 'Bluesette'.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CvGFZPIs30_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CvGFZPIs30)

look for more of his own compositions - you'll love his playing, I'm  sure:

Of course the famous Cham-ber Huang born in Shanghai, China and his brother
 Frank who ended up living right here (where I do) on Long Island, NY.

_http://www.chamberhuang.com/bio.html_
(http://www.chamberhuang.com/bio.html)

there are many more...

And a Very Happy New Year 2010 to you too.  :)

Elizabeth