[Harp-L] valve problems! need help!

>>> Vern wrote: In its natural state, ultrasuede is too floppy and soaks up moisture. However, by
>>>compressing part of its length it can be made stiffer/springier near the rivet end and remain soft
>>>and textured at the tip.  By applying fabric guard, it can be made waterproof.

>>I replied:  What method(s) do u use to compress the material?  tia.

>You  succinctly replied: Heat and pressure.

Vern, i always read your posts with interest because I am on Harp-L to learn, and find that you are usually extremely informative and generous with
your time and info.  This time however, perhaps I caught you at a bad time or perhaps you have posted it before and you don't want to repeat yourself.
But I've never read of this procedure, and i try to read everything posted by our learned colleagues on Harp-L.  When u get more time, maybe u will
enlighten us how u accomplish heating and pressing the material.  In the meantime, let me guess - you heat one end of a valve with a match, then
step on it with your foot?    ;)
ron