Re: [Harp-L] Damien Masterson at the 2009 West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit

Excellent! Thanx for the links Slim, I agree Damien is a treasure and a nice
selection of tunes 'Astoria' is a beautiful piece...I love his double stops
work interwove in his playing. I can't wait to hear "New Frontier" I may
have to by his CD,-)

Best,
Rob Paparozzi

On 2/17/10 10:58 PM, "Slim Heilpern" <slim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks -
>
> If you are fan of great chromatic playing, this is really not to be
> missed. My pal Damien Masterson is one of my favorite chrom players
> and I think everyone who was at the West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit
> last August would agree that he played his butt off that night. It was
> an inspiring set.
>
> The tune I just posted on YouTube was the first tune of the set, a
> beautiful original ballad called "Astoria" (It's also on his latest
> album). He followed this with Donald Fagan's "New Frontier" and
> Michael Brecker's "African Skies", but I've only posted "Astoria" for
> now because I'm saving some of the best stuff to debut on the DVD of
> the summit, available this summer. Anyway, in the mean time, please
> enjoy "Astoria":
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XGBXLjGMA
>
> And for more info about Damien's latest album, please see this blog
> entry from a few months back:
>
> http://smsjazz.blogspot.com/2009/11/damien-masterson-all-over-map.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Slim.
>
> www.SlideManSlim.com
> www.JazzHarmonicaSummit.com
> www.SlideManSlim.com/blog

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com