[Harp-L] Damien Masterson at the 2009 West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit

Hi Folks -

If you are fan of great chromatic playing, this is really not to be missed. My pal Damien Masterson is one of my favorite chrom players and I think everyone who was at the West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit last August would agree that he played his butt off that night. It was an inspiring set.

The tune I just posted on YouTube was the first tune of the set, a beautiful original ballad called "Astoria" (It's also on his latest album). He followed this with Donald Fagan's "New Frontier" and Michael Brecker's "African Skies", but I've only posted "Astoria" for now because I'm saving some of the best stuff to debut on the DVD of the summit, available this summer. Anyway, in the mean time, please enjoy "Astoria":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XGBXLjGMA

And for more info about Damien's latest album, please see this blog entry from a few months back:

http://smsjazz.blogspot.com/2009/11/damien-masterson-all-over-map.html

Thanks,

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com