Re: [Harp-L] OB-stuff

I agree JR...I absolutely LOVE these changes for Cross Harp and would have
no problem playing sweetly over these changes w/o OB's. But you have to be
fluent in Cross.

Best,
Rob Paparozzi

>> CHRIS:here is a lesson I was giving on a different kind of blues. You need
>> OBs to play this kind of blues in Cross harp.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqwIK3FaX_s
>>
>> EV, could you play harp cross over this and sound good? I can't.
>>

> Sonny Terry seemed to make a pretty good 40 year career doing it.
> There are a bunch of others alive today I could also name who can and
> do play in this style without using overblows and mostly using second
> position.  Not to mention people like Terry's contemporary Junior
> Webb.  You may not like their playing, but wouldn't that actually be
> the argument you were trying to make originally, that different
> genres require different sets of judgements.  Or maybe it's simpler--
> de gustibus non est disputandum.
>

> JR Ross

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com