Re: [Harp-L] Migic Dick's . . . ahem
- To: Harp- L <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Migic Dick's . . . ahem
- From: Rick Davis <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:38:18 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ZRGgN+1fZGmzIF8WfnOEU2oTmvc6ZLWG0lHBRhhsJKE=; b=Z+cXByQQeFqZajzK/zLgIwI4KMoW9OvFDxkeNCt1ybT47J9M3x3qk8B682r8jN+zzY VT7lmWQHt1+/xTgyfa6cEugj59+dRKpDgqr7g9DpfLq1u/uBcbKcnY5gfeyQ/ps5qZ6h VFgUEdBcu46E+xewva0woBI79FIj4WoJ0XRnU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=C/9nK8AAaJqYY2yh6d4TvQf9jj6Vw/AhPIF57pVdYwA1vdEjXL2R/9omlur417ECx1 TO/wpR4Nab66gv4CrxUMk83G3ADonPn0109SPzj9ZgbxTyxXH5OxQ0ZxqLgMMPX4gEvC tY+QqFmDRWyfUgpI6MkWTxvir6BfHjWgG1WKs=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I think at that point Dick was using two Fender Twin amps...
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 8:26 AM, bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx <
> Hi,Dick's using a Shure 585V on that LP. He alternated mainly between the
> GB and JT30's and sometimes used the 585. Sincerely,Barbeque Bob
> MaglinteBoston, MAhttp://www.barbequebob.comCD available at
> ---------- Original Message ----------
> From: tacopescado@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Migic Dick's . . . ahem
> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:22:48 -0600
> When I saw J. Geils in '78 he was using a Green Bullet through a
> tweed champ and got delay from a Roland Space Echo.
> On Dec 29, 2010, at 8:11 AM, Jon Clark wrote:
> > Does anyone know what mic Magic Dick used for the Full House
> > version of Whammer Jammer? For that matter, does anyone know what
> > he used in the studio for amp and mic?
> > In my experience, a GB or Astatic though a tube amp yields a bit
> > too much grit. Magic Dick's versions combine "cleanliness" but with
> > some real punch where needed. I think there is a photo on the back
> > of one of the J. Geils Albums, maybe Full House, and he is holding
> > a stick mic. Not a 58 though.
> > Thanks
> Banks Forced to Forgive Credit Card Debt
> Find Out How Much of Your Debt Can Be Erased.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and