RE: [Harp-L] Christelle Wailing on the PowerBender
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Christelle Wailing on the PowerBender
- From: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 05:09:16 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1293455356; bh=cYkJKRmfTCqVgC/+C1dOK38nsw6VdKBkkIjly13+L5w=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mXuz6X2fmSzS48iPPeH/ddGhswYKsxEpDsPZKJYs3BAiVqk1AulPNqxrDFNyyU8JKkkkGLmivMBRbVSOkHOoc2xvVv8T2Tq66XkavTglQMKIRHm1m6YSo7ygkQ0i2r1vfaQhEdGs4m/QGgrdWuqmP7Vd0/KppeCG60S/h4HulaM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Ehne0RKO4XPG3yxzFtxSTJkcKb9JeptrorwZe3R5ee3R0VeE5mzMwSFxstkPVD0pkR4m/sXMRRV/+KEQppWXqecUcQrzWuGDe856Awma5C4DmaykS2GsSR9nkZzdpHb2JQy9nL/XftXaXbMYvnK08WWLcSg0JYSD8ARN4yCGAz0=;
- In-reply-to: <2080591323.1885920.1293424269014.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost>
Hi Steve !
The Suzuki Harpmaster that Brendan offers in the PowerBender tuning (along with the book and CD) has a plastic comb with recessed reed plates.
It is very similar (almost identical) to the Bushman Delta Frost that I have.
Very comfortable harp to play.
Ken H in OH
--- On Sun, 12/26/10, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Christelle Wailing on the PowerBender
> To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sunday, December 26, 2010, 8:31 PM
> That's great playing and the harp
> sounds wicked. Christelle always has had monster tone and
> her vibrato is amazing, reminds me some of our friend
> Now I'm probably going to have to get a PowerBender. I wish
> I could get one with a plastic comb that did not have
> exposed reed plates.
> Steve Webb in Minnesota
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Brendan Power wrote:
> > This is how Christelle sounds on a Manji
> PowerBender after just 2 hours of
> > solid playing:
> > POWERBENDER BLUES
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-J8IJqOhCQ
> > A happy combination of soulful musical talent and an
> intuitive harp layout.
> > Brendan Power
> > WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and