Re: [Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases? "Pick 'N' Pluck"
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases? "Pick 'N' Pluck"
- From: Ryan Matzen <mississippi.sax@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 01:24:18 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=GBdroO+/EoqyHUPUvplimfIJvesV3TYfvMizOdeETMk=; b=ZCs+2TeGZMq4Xw7/ju3ICkWj85qyIoxYl76BQP+mA9QbbYFRuJ9k7/cQTOCer+mJrF KIHhmr2uFOYoTrZKzCequ1M92o+T1eG+dDBtXl7P0X6sRG+jmsQ4sFwmeQynGT4q2+Tw 0NWKLhfwmCGlTCJ0xZd60HrlNkSqjRwbfahkk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=Aw7B4JIHPSTStGTZX1OZALKwakwuknSywFnSF2nTTRXFUrv14ZyYkkIWzPt3uOwlS3 AjMxHrC9gWDyubihrq6OmvzcvsoXJyFybKXWZx+1LwWL4w0fJuoJhu/H74AwtG3IQ46U VCG9MjC3UfTeJH/2CIt/09U+pLzBe+R4PIuVY=
In the past I've messed around with some "Pick 'N' Pluck" foam, but found
it not to be very durable. You really have to be gentle with it. It seems
to work best if you play Golden Melodys as they have rounded edges! The
main problem I've had with "Pick 'N' Pluck" is the "out gases" it creates.
It gets in your harps and then you end up breathing it in. I might have
come up with a way to permanently connect the top and bottom of the foam
after you pick 'n' pluck out the sections for your harps, making the foam
more durable (it will take some time for me to perfect this, if I even get
back around to it), but I can do nothing about the "out gases". I've had
foam inserts sitting out in the open for months now, and they still smell
just as they did when new! So I guess I wouldn't recomend "Pick 'N' Pluck"
for harmonicas. I've only really tried two different brands of foam tho....
maybe someone has had better luck?
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and