Re: [Harp-L] Blues playing in the key of F

Hey Jeff,

Choosing between those two is always a challenge. I hate the regular F harp
because it's so dang squeak-high, but it's a fast harp! The low-F has a GREAT
tone, but it's a slow harp because the reeds are so long.

Here's my rule of thumb... For a SLOW straight up blues tune in C, I'll go with
the low F, but may choose to use the regular F for my solo as it has much more
bite. For an upbeat tune (like Mustang Sally, for example) I'll usually go with
the regular F for the entire song.

For a real slow blues in C, or especially a blues in C minor, I'll use a Bb harp
and play in 3rd position. This also sounds great with many kinds of up-beat
swing numbers in C.

I also use my low F for songs in G minor. (I love playing in 3rd)

Harpin in Colorado,
--Ken M.
TeraBlu Band on My Space
http://www.myspace.com/terablu