Re: [Harp-L] Re: pedal for drive effect

<bfrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<alright, sportsfans...there are 3 pedals every harp player should own. save yourself <the time and money that most of us have spent looking for that certain tone...get <these 3...today...
<1. afb+   duh. no more feedback.
<2. lone wolf delay. made for harp by a harp player.  anyone wanna buy 2 boss delay <pedals?
<3. lone wolf tone +  will give you a bigger bottom. shocking what this does to <tone.  shocking!
<
<get those 3 and sound like a million bucks! and sound real.  not like some of those <goofy pedals being bandied about.

Um, what goofy pedals might those be?  All the other ones mentioned in this thread, perhaps?  Or maybe you mean the kind of goofy pedals that, say, Hendrix or Stevie Ray used?  Boy, I'd give a lot to be half as goofy as either of those guys.

As the responses to this thread have shown, there are lots and lots of ways to sound good.  We are all very, very lucky to have lots of great instruments and FX available to us at historically low prices.  The hard part about choosing is that there are so many good choices out there.

The other hard part is that boutique gear (like the Kinder, the Lone Wolf pedals, Sonny Junior/Meteor/HarpGear/etc. amps) is by definition hard to find, so we all have to take somebody else's word for how it sounds.  I try to post mp3s of my performances frequently so that people can hear what I do with the Digitech RPs.  Some of the other manufacturers do the same at their websites.  But it's still tough to make up your mind about gear when you can't run down to the store and try it out, much less compare it to the alternatives.

FYI, I'm planning to bring an RP pedal or two to SPAH for my personal use.  If anyone wants to try the technology out while I'm there, let me know.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick