Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Genius? LOL/Elizabeth said nothing of the kind...

In re Bill Eborn's:

"Message: 2
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:50:31 +0100
From: Bill  <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Genius?  LOL
To: Ev630 <eviltweed@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

'Elizabeth' wrote
"But who's done anything honestly  new in the last 20 years?"

I must also respectfully disagree - I think  there's lots of exciting
harmonica around at the moment.  (snipped)

------------------------------

WHOA!!!!  Now hold ON a minute, Bill!   Are you quoting THIS  post?  How in
all tarnation does 'Ev' - a/k/a EvilTweed suddenly  become 'Elizabeth'?

Sheesh.  Did you somehow all this time think you were having a  discussion
with me or the other Elizabeth?

EV630 is Not now and has never been 'Elizabeth' - for the record. HE's an
Aussie who signs his posts 'Drew', and I for one have polar opposite
positions with him on just about every issue discussed here.

Folks, please get your quotes correct and know to whom you're writing.  Now
a whole lot of other people have jumped on the same 'Elizabeth said this'
bandwagon. NO we didn't, so please correct your responses and direct them at
 Drew.

Not trying to usurp the listowner's role here, but It would also  be the
easiest for everyone to decipher posts after several  go-rounds/requoting if
you put quote MARKS around someone  else's comments when reposting them in
your own responses.  I've seen  far too many posts where one can't tell who
said what because the writer simply  put someone else's remarks down and just
left a bit of a space, as if that's  sufficient. It isn't. After several
repetitions the posts are so muddled  the originator of the comments is long
forgotten. Quotes solve such problems and  are the fairest and easiest way. If
I'm able to do it, anyone should, since I'm  far from being computer savvy.

In re this issue (since my name has been dragged into  it), I most
certainly vehemently disagree with Ev630/EvilTweed/Drew in re  HIS contention that
no one's done 'anything honestly new in the last 20  years'.

 My short response would be: 'Jason Ricci'. Proof? Blues  aficionados have
dumped on him more than once and still can't seem to fully make  up their
minds whether or not to include him in their midst because his approach  is SO
mind-bendingly innovative, different and unique they can't  quite get their
brains around it as
Blues, so they make up silly  categories to nominate him in. See Rob
Paparozzi's recent post about  JR&NB's nomination for best album for the BMA
awards about this..'RockBlues'  indeed!

A longer response would include LD Miller's harmonica beat-boxing together
with Brendan Power at last year's SPAH. Extremely new and innovative and
completely brilliant. Those'll do for starters.  I'll save Chris Michalek
for another post ;)

Elizabeth

"Message: 6