Re: [Harp-L] Camcorder

Abner wrote:
So far the Zoom H2 recorder is coming up a lot.
I need to check it out.
I want to thank all you guys that have sent me suggestion on and off list.
It seems like the Zoom H2 is only audio. I'm looking for a video camcorder
so I can see and hear myself play.
given your stated spending limit of $175, you've got some tradeoffs to make.
my experience with camcorders has been that the audio quality is poor. most
times i record video, i need to dub sound from my audio rig onto the video in
order to get acceptable results. the h2 probably came up a lot because people
(like myself) assumed that the sound was more important than the video. it's
certainly more important from a learning point of view.

--
We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser