Re: [Harp-L] Camcorder

Abner wrote:
I know a lot of you guys record your playing both in audio and video.
I am asking for the best advice with the lowest cost.
I don' t want to to pay more then $175.
i'll leave video out of the equation for now.  that's a lot of additional
cost and hassle that you don't really need.  if you do need the occasional
video, pretty much any digital camera will do an ok job at recording video.
just put it on a tripod so it doesn't shake.

for audio, your best bet is a zoom h2 recorder. you can get one at amazon
for around $150. add $10-$20 for a 4 or 8G sd card and you're all set. if you
don't have a mic stand, get one of those, too, or rig some other kind of stand
for it, or a way to attach it to a large or small tripod. a big roll of 3M blue masking
tape is an invaluable accessory, allowing you to record in all kinds of weird situations.
pick up a small fanny pack at a rummage sale to hold it all and you're good to go.

--
We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser