[Harp-L] Norton -- RIP

I was fortunate to catch Norton Buffalo in concert twice.  The first time was at SPAH in Dallas, and he really shined.  But the second time... I was in the San Francisco area on business, and looked around for some harp.  What do you know, Norton is putting on an evening concert in a little town north of the city.  It was an intimate theater, seating maybe 200-300, and what a show!  The first half was acoustic, and the second half a full band, including his wife on violin.  Norton played both diatonic and chromatic, sometimes during the same song, and keyboards as well.  Musically, he did it all, from lyrical world music to blues to show tunes to latin rhythms to you name it!

RIP, Norton, and thanks for the music!

-Phil in KC