Re: [Harp-L] Kinder AFB+

Bob Boyd wrote:
If you are going to play a Shure SM 57 or SM 58 or a Fireball into a PA you don't need it.
that is not so, in my experience. when you're sitting in, or in a jam, you never
know what kind of setup you'll be using. and playing into a PA usually means
stage monitors, which can cause all kinds of feedback issues. amplification
systems of any kind are strange and unpredictable beasts; better to be ready
for whatever comes up. i use a fireball, incidentally.

that said, if i could find an anti feedback device* that i could plug into AC and
leave hooked up to the rest of my rig all the time, i'd sell my afb+ in a heartbeat.
great device, but a really cumbersome user interface. even a simple on/off
switch would've made a world of difference for my usage.

* i've tried the behringer shark, with mixed results.  seems fine at home,
but i've still had issues in the rehearsal studio.

--
We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser