[Harp-L] re: what toher instrument do you play?

Winslow wrote: "Paying a chordal instrument is important to understanding
the harmony against
which you improvise.."

I agree. And might I add since my harp playing is more guided by instict
than music theory, I find it helps my piano playing. I find playing piano, I
have to think of every note and stay stuck playing a blues penatonic scale.
So I'll play a harp riff and slowly and painfully transcribe it on the
piano. Suddenly my note choices have about doubled. I find on the harp I
usually play these notes (in C) C Eb E F F# G  Bb B C. It's the weird little
notes between the blues scale notes that give the cool flavor to the melody.
If I was being sensible and rational and using my limited music theory, I'd
never play those notes.

Now if only I could get better at the rhythm.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html