[Harp-L] (no subject)

hi all,........ cant help but notice all the interesting dialogue on this letter.  i do appreciate how the pro's here give their wisdom so freely,,thanks so much, it helps....
my problem seems to be that i cant get away from reading music tp play, i like to play some guitar, but always go back to harp as my main interest, ;;;anyway,  for how many songs i can play by reading  music(plenty), i know few by memory...i do alright improvising in a jam session or the few times i got up with a band,but there seems to be a lack of songs that  i can just knock out from memory,,,,any suggestions on how to build a list of songs to just play from the heart...joe g