[Harp-L] Re: What other instruments do you play?

I sing, play guitar, ukulele, guitar-tuned plectrum banjo, autoharp, flute, percussion, and harmonica, though the last mentioned is in danger of joining electric bass and mandolin as one I used to play. Just isn't enough time for all. Actually, lately I've been playing more flute. It's actually the instrument I am best at.

I play mostly autoharp and uke when singing. I've also tried playing fiddle and woodenflute, but again just don't have time to do them justice. Our band Old Dog has a gig coming up Nov. 8 for an organization called Save Mount Diablo. I leave harmonica to John Barclay in that group. In Awed Ducks, my other band, Peter Sproul is the harpist. These days when I do play harp, I prefer the Hohner Celestes. Oh, and I got headed toward flute by playing recorder back in the dear Dead days of the '60s.

Cheers, Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA

Tony Eyers wrote:

Howard Levy and Charlie McCoy are known for doubling on other
instruments (piano and everything, respectively). Tom Ball is a fine
guitar player, others on the list double on sax. There are many fine
singers amongst us as well.

I've got an unusual one - I double on baroque recorder. For those
interested, one of my recent concerts is at

http://www.harmonicatunes.com/concert

Anyone else double on unusual instruments?

*********