[Harp-L] Windsaver Material Suggestion

A while ago I wanted to play around with valving certain diatonic
reeds. This was for trial purposes to see how valving worked for me.

What I used and worked well was the material from a bag containing
individually wrapped Hall's cough candies. The same sort of material
is used as bag material for individually wrapped candies generally.
It's light yet with some stiffness, waterproof, easily trimmed, etc. I
selected an area that was relatively flat and hadn't been creased
during shipping.

I found the valves worked really well with no air leakage, sticking or
noise. As this was experimental, just to see how valving would work, I
only used a small piece of scotch tape to secure the valves.
Never-the-less, they stayed in place solidly for weeks, until I
decided to remove them. A bit of crazy glue might have worked well
too, as others have suggested.

So if you want to mock up and try some valving, pick a reed or two to
start with and see how things go. This approach worked well for me and
the material is readily accessible. Who knows, this valve material
applied more permanently might suffice longer term as well?