From: Richard Sleigh <rharp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Hohner CBH 2012 & 2016 repair charges
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 9:08 PM

In reference to the recent comments on the Hohner repair de[artment:

I have repaired CBH 2012 and 2016 harmonicas, and can tell you one thing that the Hohner repair department does that is well worth the repair cost even if nothing else is done. They have a jig for re- facing the mouthpiece parts that restores super close tolerances. The composite material used in the body and mouthpiece is remarkably stable, but over time does warp a tiny bit due to temperature changes and screw tension. Getting these parts to fit perfectly again is a nightmare for someone without the right tools, and they have the right tools. What took me 3 hours to do at my shop they do in a relatively short period of time and with better results. Nobody can touch the quality control they have over that job, and you don't realize how much of a difference it makes until you get the work done. You just gradually get used to the drop in compression and the extra resistance in the slide mechanism, and then when they re-do it, it is a very pleasant
 surprise.

Those prices are very reasonable.

Richard Sleigh

shop address: