[Harp-L] Deluxe 270 and CX12

I have a bunch of chromatics and I think that both of these chroms are very
comfortable and responsive to play.

But I think the Deluxe 270 is one of the best out of the box chromatics I
have *ever* played. The harp is brighter, sweeter in tone, more responsive
and is better tuned out of the box than any of my other 270s. The mouthpiece
with the round holes is also extremely comfortable and fast. I don't know
much about why that is - all I know is it has the round holed mouthpiece and
thicker reed plates - but I also think someone has taken way more care on
the tuning and set up than the half dozen 270s I have owned.

I know someone here recommended a standard 270 with a custom set up. But why
do that when the Deluxe is such an amazing harp with no screwing around with
mods?

The Deluxe is such a sweet harp to play (and I play amplified blues stuff)
that I have been playing more and more chromatic than ever before at my
gigs. I can't recommend it highly enough and have become a bit of a harp
bore on the subject with harp buddies I meet at gigs.

And I still dig my CX12 as a back up!