Re: [Harp-L] How to tell a guitar player how to swing?

Michelle,

Advice I got from a good guitar player about my own playing was to play on
the two and the four. I was plodding a lot on the one and the three without
realizing it. "Listen to the snare," he told me in reference to practicing
along with recorded music.

Check out Richard Sleigh's videos with guitar. Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/rsleighharp#p/u/16/t3b7H9SbqNQ

I'm sure you'll get other good advice, but I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

John