[Harp-L] re: mic feedback

I'll put in my, inconsistent harp-ler, two cents:
... I don't have much of a problem with feedback, and I must admit, I can, and do, get quite loud on occasion. I try to get excruciatingly quiet too, dynamics is everything, but that's another post. I use a green bullet element in an astatic casing with a volume control (not an on/off switch) at the pinky, like the Hohner Blues Blaster with the different element. It goes through an original 1960 or late '50's bassman. I get maximum volume, with acceptable tone, by working that volume control with my pinky, follow the phrasing if nessesary, being very conscience of it. Using several the volume options, not just on/ off, and knocking it off at the first sign of squeal. I find the green bullet volume control's position, at the heel of the hand awkward.

Maybe I should try some of the "devices," but I feel consistently in control this way. That means what's coming out of the amp is my fault, I get all the blame.

Enjoy,

Clay

----------
*TÅST Music - Harmonica - Vocals - Live and Studio - Shows and Recordings
http://www.tostmusic.com - http://www.claygoldstein.com
European Contact through A.C.L.C. Management - http://www.aclc.cz/
IndiEclectic Music Distribution: http://indieclectic.com/tost

** TÅST Designs - Graphic Design - Photo Services - Logo/Promotional Services - Web Design
http://www.tostmusic/design

*** Ropes/Challenge Programs - Teamwork, Leadership, Communication and Personal Effectiveness:
Missouri - http://www.leadershipranch.com
Florida International University - http://trac.fiu.edu/
Florida Atlantic University - http://wise.fau.edu/ropes/
Ft Lauderdale's Team Solutions, Florida, at Snyder Park
http://www.teamsolutionsfla.com
Contact me for other options, coast to coast.

Clayton Goldstein
206 Sunrise Ave #3
Lantana, FL  33462
(417)894-4434  / (323)993-6067