[Harp-L] RE: Tombo 1157 or 1577?

Here's the Tombo Web page URL for the 1157 (and others, including the S-50, which I also have):

http://www.tombo-m.co.jp/eng/single.html

There are pictures (for those who are curious about what it looks like).

I've seen the model number as 1577 in several archive posts but the only number I've ever seen on the Tombo site is 1157. I think they are the same because the description, and the note arrangement are the same. Please note that I came to this party VERY late (only in the last 8 years).

I don't have any slide chromatics other than Hohner 270 and 280 and a special Circular Tuned Seydel Deluxe (as you know; I "copied" your idea [somewhat] and it's GREAT!).

I just think the No. 1157 note placement is somewhat "odd" (IMHO), since it is a direct mapping from a slide chromatic to the slideless chromatic, including duplicated notes. The lowest 3 holes don't follow the same layout as the rest of the harp. It's nice to have that 5th of the "C" scale to walk back up to the tonic. I love that feature of the Circular Tuned harps also.

I still haven't figured out WHY my posts get smushed together. Spaces are removed and at least one CRLF gets "eaten", even though I expressly set the "Plain Text" option before typing the message. As a test, I'll note whether the following TWO lines get smushed into a single line. When I sent it, there were TWO LINES there!

Thanks, John! Crazy Bob

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/