Re: [Harp-L] dull sounding and sticky reeds

Robert Ross inquires:
I would like to take a course or read a book on harp maintenance and repair.
In particular I am having trouble lately with harps that are dull sounding
and reeds that are sticky. Any suggestions
I would add to the list Kinya Pollard's excellent online series, "Harmonica Workbench," published by Mel Bay. Start with the first one:

http://www.harmonicasessions.com/jun03/h-workbench.html

Then read and study them all (go the the "back issues" link on the top of the page to find the others). A wealth of information!

Also, though I haven't seen it yet, Richard Sleigh has a new booklet, "Turbocharge Your Harmonica," found here:

http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/turbocharge.htm

I understand Richard also gives training classes from time to time; you'll have to contact him to see about that:

http://customharmonicas.com/richard-sleigh/

Michelle