[Harp-L] Re: Elk River Fresh Fish Blues Video Contest

As stated earlier, somebody took Oliver Hardy's little blues accapella at the beginning of "Towed in a Hole"

and remixed it with some nice harp, etc.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATtz__l9S8

As a Laurel and Hardy fan, I feel a need to become personally involved.
Thus, I am sponsoring a contest for who can do the best Oliver Hardy
Fresh Fish Blues. Prize will be a nice prewar harmonica, I haven't
decided which one yet, specific prizes will be announced later, but
they will be cool and either prewar or prewarified. And you will have bragging rights, if you win.
To enter, just post a video on Youtube with the title "Elk River
Harmonicas Oliver Hardy Fresh Fish Blues Contest entry" in the title
and let me know it exists, either send me an e-mail or put it in a thread in the Elk forum.
Get as crazy as you want.
Accompaniment is fine, you can have whatever accompaniment you want.
You can post as many entries as you want, I don't care. I'm not a big
stickler for rules, do whatever you want actually. If you want to ignore all the rules, whatever.
This is about fun.
Harmonica(s) should be involved. I guess that's a rule. Don't ignore that one.
What I'm looking for isn't necessarily a compilation of Laurel and Hardy clips,
but something original with people playing the song.
Videos will be judged for skill and entertainment value.
Deadline for videos is Dec. 1. Again, you can post more than one video and each
video will be judged as a separate entry based on its merits.

Have fun making another nice mess!

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com