Re: [Harp-L] 2 X 8" vs. 1 10"

Madcat said:
<< Make mine 1 x 12" >>
I'm inclined to agree. For many years I used two 2 x 12" speaker cabinets
with separate amp, Mostly a Vox Supreme 100 watt solid state amp, then with
a  tubed Fender Bassman  top... Good sound, but took up a lot of space on
stage.
For about the past ten years my main rig has been a 40 watt  Fender Blues
Deluxe 40 watt tube amp combo, which is plenty loud enough for most  gigs;
and that has just one 12" speaker. If I need more volume I run  it through the
pa, either by line out or micing with a Sure SM57. Then I simply  use the
amp as an on stage monitor, and let the sound guy sort out the  balance!
Best wishes
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines