Re: [Harp-L] re: MAAS polish revisited

I wanted to drop another quick update regarding my project in which I'm rebuilding some old Marine Bands.

A few weeks ago FJM posted a resounding recommendation for the MAAS metal polish that Elizabeth has mentioned from time to time. After my success using Barkeeper's Friend for removing all manner of corrosion and gunk from the reedplates (I used the powder version), I was ready to move on to the nickel-plated cover plates. As you no doubt know, those older plates with the nickel plating tarnish heavily. Well, I got a tube of the newer MAAS polish with the lavender scent. It made short work of removing that tarnish using a tiny amount of polish on a soft cloth. In a matter of moments it rendered even the worst tarnish a thing of the past. With little effort, the plates are now shiny as new, maybe even shinier.

So thanks to FJM for reminding me and thanks to Elizabeth for discovering MAAS and sharing her experience with us. Harp-L strikes again!

For a scant $4 and change MAAS is the best metal polish I've ever used by far. Get some!

Michelle