Re: [Harp-L] Steve Miller hosts benefit for Norton Buffalo's family

Rob,

I sure hope we can see some of this tribute to Norton at some point.
A DVD would be great, and treasured by all of us Norton Buffalo fans.

I like your two choices of favorite Norton Buffalo songs ("Puerto de Azul" and "Walking Down to Suzy's").  These 2 have always been favorites of mine.

If I could add a 3rd song that has both diatonic and chromatic harmonicas, it would be "Nobody Wants Me".  The opening solo is on diatonic, and later there's a chromatic solo.  Norton's harmonicas, voice, and melody just go together so well.

I made a custom ringtone for my cell phone from "Walking Down to Suzy's" for when my wife calls me for sentimental reasons going back to when we first met and I made her a cassette tape of "traveling songs" for her car.

I've been listening to "Lovin' in the Valley of the Moon" and "Desert Horizon" alot the past 2 weeks.  I have the original vinyl LP's of these albums, as well as the CD, and they have always been my most favorite albums of everything I own.

Here's a YouTube of a very young Norton doing "Nobody Wants Me"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8qfIK_ajg

Ken H in OH