Re: [Harp-L] interesting stuff out there (backing a Singer)

 As the singer sings, pretend it is you singing. You can't sing and play harmonica at the same time. Do fills in the spaces between the singing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Paparozzi <Chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Michael D'Aurizio  <mdaurizio@xxxxxxxx>; jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, Nov 4, 2009 8:10 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] interesting stuff out there (backing a Singer)

Backing up a Singer is an art form in itself and probably one of THE most
difficult aspects in the big sphere of musical performance.

In NON musical terms the best way I can explain it, is a quote Tommy Morgan
told me over the phone a few weeks ago.

We were chatting about backing up Singers and Bands etc. Tommy said that
when he was asked how he lasted SO LONG in this Business, his answer was
simple......"I never forgot WHO's record it was that I was playing on." To
me THAT says it all.