Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki's Fabulus....Rant...

Steve Shaw writes:
Ha, well there you are you see! I use Lee Oskars a lot and I can ~guarantee~ that a new one, or new set of reed-plates, will need attention to at least two or three gaps before I can rely on 'em not to choke on me.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing. Realise I didn't say they were supremely playable for everyone. What I said was they were very consistent in set up as compared to other marques. Your anecdotal offering seems to affirm this. Now for me the gaps are too wide on the lower notes. I can't get that bent vibrato I like unless I bring them in a tad closer. I know we agree on at least one point, for twenty quid modern harmonicas represent a good value. The quality of the finished products has improved by leaps and bounds in the last several decades. fjm